FEP has a reputation for delivering leading environmental services during all project phases. Our Senior Consultants are well experienced in project planning and development, risk and liability analysis, and compliance review and documentation.
Today’s energy companies are constantly challenged to predict, respond to and succeed in an exceedingly complex and expanding regulatory environment. The experts at Filsinger Energy Partners have the depth and breadth of experience to provide a full range of innovative advisory, assessment and planning assistance for environmental aspects of fossil-fuel and renewable energy sources, including:
- Air quality improvement planning for modernization and pollutant reduction, including compliance strategies and technology evaluation for enhanced emission reduction meeting the Clean Power Plan initiatives;
- Due Diligence review and documentation for project financing and transaction support;
- NEPA Categorical Exclusion, Environmental Assessment, and Environmental Impact Statement studies, and public participation and communication;
- Operational planning and review documents including Environmental Risk and Compliance Assessments, and Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments;
- Federal and state permit acquisition and agency negotiation of conditions.
Our senior consultants have extensive experience at the intersection of regulatory and technical issues within complex and emerging federal and state statutes, including recent and anticipated rulemaking under the Clean Power Plan; Regional Haze and CSAPR; Coal Combustion Residuals and changes to 316(a) for water intake compliance strategies.
FEP professionals have assisted clients with planning for new and anticipated changes to the CAA, including:
- Developed regional and state Clean Power Plan models to predict CO2 pricing, including the resulting impacts on gas and coal prices and plants, as well as the rail line implications of these changes
- Modeled a Texas coal portfolio, including analysis of the impacts of the Clean Power Plan and other regulations on the Texas power market
- Completed national studies on how environmental regulations will impact the entire country’s fleet of power plants
- Analyzed how the Clean Power Plan will impact the expansion of renewable power plants in California
- Analyzed a Northeast power plant portfolio and developed a long-term expansion and retirement strategy
For more information, please contact us directly at 303.974.5884, or email us.